Monday, September 28, 2009

Free To Thrive!!

Tomorrow is the kick off day for my new Bible Study called Free to Thrive! I am really excited about the new study! The Lord has brought a good group of ladies and we are going to dig deep into His Word.

Galatians 5:1 sets the tone for the study. "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Based on this verse the battle cry for every believer in Jesus Christ should be--- "I will not merely survive--- I will thrive!" Think how often you go into "survival mode." This occurs each time you do your best just to make it through the day. For what purpose---- so you can wake up the next day and do it all over again. Dear sister, Christ offers you so much more than a life of survival! He offers you a life that is full of His wonderful adventure.

Today, will you embrace a life that thrives? If so, you will have to forsake the world's definition of freedom (doing what I want to do, when I want to do it, and having the resources necessary to make it all happen) and embrace Christ's definition of freedom. His definition becomes a life that is totally surrendered to His plans for you. I can promise you that once you surrender every part of your life to Christ, you will no longer be in "survival mode." You will thrive!!

No comments: