Friday, November 19, 2010

Shopping and Friends!

Hello from Branson, Mo. I am on a shopping trip with a few girlfriends from my Small Group. We are ready to take Branson by storm. As I spend time with my friends, I am reminded about the importance of friends. Friends are there for you in good times and bad. The Bible teaches that we should have at least three types of friendships in our lives. First, we should have Close Friends who hold us accountable to God's Word. This type of friendship was demonstrated in the life of David and Jonathan. Next, we should have Caring Friends who are fun to spend time with and encourage us in our faith. This type of friendship was demonstrated in the Early Church. Finally, we should have Casual Friends that we are willing to invest our lives in so we can share the love of Jesus Christ. This type of friendship was seen in the life and ministry of Jesus who looked for ways to invest in the lives of those around Him as He walked on this earth.

Tonight, before I go to bed, I want to ask you a question. "What kind of friend are you?" I hope you can say that you are the type of friend who points others towards Jesus. If so, you can know that God is being honored in your friendships. If not, take a hard look at your friendships and ask the Lord to help you be the kind of friend that brings honor to Him!

Good night, my sweet friend!

Andrea

P.S. I will let you know what kind of deals I find in Branson! I am excited :)

No comments: