Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Plans

Well, I set a pretty bold deadline for Free To Thrive! If you remember, I planned to have this new 40 day devotional for women on the go complete by the end of may. Let me just go ahead and say--- I have let myself off the hook. There is no way I can do a good job and complete Free To Thrive! by the end of this month. So, I am giving myself this summer (I hope by the end of June) to complete this new project.

I am really looking forward to the summer. The boys are older and I can take them to do more activities. Silver Dollar City, Wild River Country, and a local swimming pool are on the top of our summer "to do" list. I think we will have a fun summer.

Speaking of summertime fun---- I am writing my July column for Women's Inc. The July theme is Summertime Fun. This theme made me think how easy it is to plan all kinds of fun summer events and leave God out of the mix. Therefore, the article will challenge women to add a passion to know Jesus Christ to the top of their summertime "to do" list. I pray this article challenges women in their summer routine. I know I have been challenged by the concept.

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with Ron M from Brussels, Belgium. Ron is my point person for the mission trip I will be taking in July/August. Jay and I will be traveling to Germany in order to minister to missionaries who serve in Western Europe. I will be teaching the women's Bible Study for the week. Can I just say---- I am very excited about this trip.

As I talked to Ron, the Lord confirmed in my heart the primary reason I am going. I am going to let these ladies know that I love them and that they are not alone in their work. As I spoke these words to Ron, I could tell he appreciated them. At the same time, I knew the Lord was giving me a clear call--- "Andrea, go and love them." I will do just that. I will also trust that the Lord will give us an amazing week in His Word.

I pray that you are having an amazing week in God's Holy Word. Don't let the busyiness of life stand in the way of digging into God's Word and finding everything you need in order to make it through your day!

No comments: