Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend Review

This last weekend was great! Friday night I traveled to the small town of Oden, Arkansas. Oden Baptist Church invited me to speak at a banquet honoring the women of their church. I had a wonderful time with the women. I was inspired by the people who attend this small church. Not too long ago, they were running 16 people on a Sunday morning. Now, they are up to 50! Praise the Lord. This summer they will host a VBS that reaches over 120 children.

Often we think small churches do not have a chance to make an impact. I do not believe that is the case. Small churches have a unique opportunity to meet the needs of the people in their community. I am thankful for Oden and their desire to reach men, women, and children with the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Saturday morning, I spoke at a Mother's Day Brunch at Beryl Baptist in Vilonia. The crowd was huge and they were ready for a Word. I love it when I walk into a building and I can "feel" the presence of the Lord. As I got up to speak, the Lord laid a clear Word on my heart for the women. It was not the Word I had planned to share. Yes, it was similar but I was surprised by the Lord's direction. As I was sharing the Word I was trusting the Lord to make it all come together in the end. And of course, He did!

This weekend wrapped up my speaking schedule for the first half of the year. I will have the next month and a half off and then return to speaking in July. In the mean time, I am working hard on the new devotional called Free To Thrive! I am loving every minute of this project and cannot wait to see the final copy. God is speaking a clear Word to women and I am grateful He is allowing me to be a part of the process.

I promise I will update the blog soon! Check back over the summer and I will share some of the family happenings.

No comments: