Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Camping Trip! Help!

I am leaving tomorrow morning bright and early to go backpacking/camping with my good friend Janet. If you know me very well, you know that Janet must be a good friend if I am going backpacking/camping with her. Bottom line--- I am not an outdoor girl! My idea of fun is going to a nice hotel, taking in a movie, enjoying a nice meal, and sleeping on an extra soft mattress with lots of pillows! So the thought of carrying my bed into the back country and sleeping with the critters makes me a little nervous.

I knew I was in trouble when I found out that I cannot wear deodorant or smelly hand lotion because it might attract the bears. It was at this point that I decided I better get serious about my approach to my backpacking adventure. So let me share my approach with you. I am going to approach this adventure like a mission trip. From the beginning, I am going to know that I will do things I do not normally do. I will live in ways I do not normally live. And by God's grace, I hope to share the love of Jesus with someone along the way.

I plan to take my camera and I will post pictures when I return. Pray for me and especially Janet. I do not think she has a clue what she has gotten herself in to!


Love,
Andrea

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have camped all my life and I ALWAYS use deodorant.....I think your friend is messing with you. Of course, the older I get , the more I prefer camping at the Hilton. Have fun.

Angie said...

I spent a whole summer camping, and always wore deodorant! I realize this is an old post.