Thursday, March 5, 2009

Last Week

Hey!

I thought I would take a minute and catch everyone up on happenings from last week!

On Thursday night, I attended the fifth anniversary party for Women's Inc. I have not taken the time to blog about Women's Inc, so I will do so now. Almost a year ago, I received an email from Lori Quinn, editor of Women's Inc. Lori had received my name from her mother, Kathy Windle, as a possible candidate to write the magazines spiritual column. I was truly honored by the request. Before I accepted, I knew I wanted to talk to Marilyn Mathis. Marilyn had written the column in the past and out of respect for our friendship, I wanted to run the idea past her. I decided I would talk to Marilyn and then get back in touch with Lori. About an hour after that decision, I ran to Target to pick up a few items. I pulled into a parking space and right in front of me sat Marilyn Mathis. I jumped out of the car and talked to Marilyn. Marilyn was so very supportive of me writing for the magazine. With that conversation behind me, I accepted the offer from Lori.

Over the last year, I have loved every opportunity Women's Inc. has provided. I have talked to women I might never have talked to. The Lord has allowed me to share His Word with women who might not read the Bible for themselves. I am always amazed by the fact that women actually read the column! It is not uncommon for me to receive a phone call, email, note, or encouraging word from a reader. I am so thankful for Women's Inc. and the commitment the magazine displays to have a spiritual column.

On Sunday night, I had the great opportunity to return to Second Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Arkansas for another celebration. Joe Francis, the minister of music at SBC, celebrated 25 years in ministry. Joe is a dear friend and a wonderful servant leader. I have many fond memories of working on staff with Joe.

As I walked around the fellowship hall greeting dear friends, I was reminded how much I love and miss the Second Jacksonville Family. SBC Jaxs will always be dear to me. My heart was changed in so many ways while I served the Lord at that place. The people were so gracious to me and loved me even when I made mistakes. I am glad that I am close enough to visit the dear people of SBC Jacksonville. May God continue to bless that Church for His Glory alone.

That wraps up my week in review. I pray you had a wonderful week too!

No comments: