Saturday, February 21, 2009

What A Day! Part 3

Last night Jay's dad came down and offered to watch the boys while Jay and I went out to dinner. (You can guess how long it took us to jump at that offer!) Jay and I had dinner with some very close friends--- Todd and Tammy Fletcher. Allow me to share a little about my friend Tammy.

Tammy and I had a "chance" meeting about 7 years ago. We were at a women's retreat at Camp Paron, Arkansas. I remember meeting Tammy and thinking that she was very sharp. We met again a year later at a scrapbook party. It was then that I realized that Tammy was also crafty. Little did I know the importance Tammy would play in my life.

Fast forward about 5 years. Tammy and I met again while I served as interim Minister of Education at Second Baptist Church in Jacksonville, AR. I remember my first official day on the job. Jimmie Sheffield, my good friend/mentor, had hired me to serve as his right hand "gal" during the interim process. (Let me say, God was so in all of that. My life has been so blessed by my friendship with Jimmie!) As Jimmie was showing me the church, Tammy was in the fellowship hall setting up for an event. As Jimmie introduced us, I instantly remembered Tammy. Over the next two years, Tammy and I became very close friends.

What I love about my friendship with Tammy is our common bond in serving God's people and soaking up God's Word. Tammy has an incredible call on her life to teach women the Word of God.


Tammy has written and is in the process of refining a Bible Study called Exposing The Heart. This study deals with the emotions of the flesh and how we can crucify these emotions in order to have a Christ-like response. (this is a major paraphrase) Tammy is currently teaching this study at her home church and will be leading a women's conference in October on this topic. If you would like more info on Tammy and her ministry, let me know and I will put you in touch with her.

Last night as we ate dinner, we enjoyed incredible friendship and fun. We laughed till our sides hurt. I know Jay and I left the night feeling so thankful for wonderful friends. Oh, and the food, it was fabulous. Of course, we will have to eat PB&J for the rest of the week. That's okay, it was worth it for the wonderful food at Brave New Restaurant.

No comments: