Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Looking Back and Looking Ahead

Summer 2009 has been great! I had so much fun with my family. Jay and I enjoyed a trip to Germany. Throughout the summer, Jay and I took the boys to do several day/weekend trips. These trips included: Silver Dollar City in Branson, the Memphis Zoo, a day at the RiverMarket in Little Rock, exploring several caves in NW Arkansas, lots of hiking, and swimming at the pool/ Wild River Country. Without a doubt, it was a great summer!!

Now, it is time to look ahead as we enter the next chapter of our lives. Tomorrow school begins and for the first time in 9 years, I will be home alone! I have mixed feelings about this new stage of life. I am excited because the boys are growing up and they are ready to tackle 3rd grade and Kindergarten. The free time will also be wonderful for me on a personal/ministry level. However, I feel a tinge of sadness because things will never be the same. That is okay, it will just take some time to adjust.

I have big plans for my new found free time. I am going to get focused. In fact, God has challenged me to get hyper focused. Each day I will have three tasks to complete. First, I will focus on loving God and His holy Word. Second, I will focus on serving my family and close friends. Third, I will focus on ministering to the people God places in my life. It is my hope that each day my activities will fall into one of these three categories. Of course, I am sure I will make an occasional trip to TJ MAXX :)

I sense that the next year will be crucial for the development of True Vine Ministry. Specifically, the year 2010. I plan to devote much of my time to this part of my life. I have a long list of books and material that I need to work through in order to challenge my current knowledge of God and His Word. I also need to complete a second Bible Study called Free To Thrive! (I started on this project earlier this year and look forward to returning to it.) Lord willing, Reflecting His Glory will be published by the end of this year or the first of next year. The Lord has opened up doors for me to begin doing some web based teaching as well. Scripture memory will also be on the top of my to do list. I am currently working on the first chapter of 1 Peter and hope to memorize the entire book. Regularly updating this blog will also be on my new to do list. I am committed to making this blog a helpful tool for women to access.

All in all, I am very excited about the future. God is so good and I want to spend every single day of my life telling those around me about His goodness and grace. Of course, I cannot do this based on my own strength and power. It will only happen as God works in me for His glory. Paul says it best in Colossians 1:28-29, "We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." Amen to that!!

No comments: