Monday, April 6, 2009

Heber Springs Baptist Church

WOW! Is the word that comes to mind as I reflect on this past weekend. I had the great privilege to travel to Heber Springs, AR and lead a womens conference for Heber Springs Baptist Church. I say WOW for many reasons. Allow me to share a few--

~ Over 100 women came to the conference!
~ For several of the women, this was the first womens conference they had attended.
~ When I arrived at the church on Friday night, the womens leadership team was prayer walking every inch of the building. As soon as I walked in the door, the women laid their hands on me and began to pray. I felt so covered by the Lord's presence.
~ Jay and the boys came with me and we enjoyed time with our close friends Casey and Felicia Stone.
~ My family was invited to spend the night at Lindsey's Resort. Imagine a cabin on the river it was amazing!
~ The women arrived at the church on Saturday morning with open hearts to God's Word.
~ I sensed a real freedom to share the Word God had placed on my heart.
~ The Holy Spirit spoke life changing lessons to the women. I know because many of the women grabbed me and shared what God was teaching them through out the day.
~ The day ended with all 100 women taking part in a time of prayer. It was truly moving to see and hear the women praying to the Lord.
~ I was overwhelmed with love from the women. In fact, Glenda Turley, a famous artist and member of HSBC, provided a picture for me to bring home and place on my wall. The picture is beautiful and will always be a reminder of my time at HSBC.

I praise the Lord for the weekend and give Him all the glory.

Tomorrow morning I will be heading to Newport, Arkansas to minister to the women of McPherson Prison. My good friend, Tammy will be joining me. Please pray for Tammy and myself. Pray for the love of our Lord to extend through us to the women of McPherson. Pray for instant rapport and a God size day. To Him be all the glory!

Thank you for your love for the Lord. May you be filled with His mercy and grace as you live your life for Him!

No comments: