Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mugs and Muffins

Tonight I had the chance to attend my home church's 2011 Women's Ministry Kick off event. The event was called Mugs and Muffins. As you might guess we had coffee, apple cider, hot chocolate, and an assortment of fabulous muffins. I had so much fun chatting with my friends and hearing all the wonderful things that my women's ministry team will be offering this year.

I loved going to the event and just being a normal gal. I was not the speaker. I was not asked to pray. I did not set anything up or take anything down. I took the event in, "just like everyone else." I put on a name tag, registered for a door prize--no, I did not win, and enjoyed all the yummy treats. I had so much fun! I met new friends and visited with old friends. I came away from the night refreshed and ready to tackle 2011.

This year I want to encourage you to support the ministries that are offered through your local church. So often as women we do not take time to fill up our spiritual tanks. We often forsake our spiritual tanks for the sake of our kids or out of perceived necessity. But do you know what I learned tonight? I learned that if I take time to fill up my spiritual tank, I will have more to give. Sisters, let's not neglect our spiritual tanks to the point where we are running on fumes. Instead, let's be proactive and take the necessary steps to connect with God through His Word and to fellowship with sisters in Christ. A great place to connect with God and fellow sisters is through the ministries offered at your local church. So here is a two-fold challenge. First, support the ministries at your local church. Get in there and get involved. I promise you will not regret it! Second, grab a mug of hot chocolate, a fancy muffin, a friend, and God's Word, then watch and see how the Lord fills up your spiritual tank! Trust me, there is nothing like it!

Love!
Andrea @ TVM

No comments: