Thursday, January 20, 2011

Whiter Than Snow

This weekend I will be leading a women's event at Central Baptist Church in White Hall, AR. I have to smile when I think about God's timing. The theme for the event is "Whiter Than Snow." Today I have been putting together my final thoughts for the event. As I sit at my dinning room table working on my outline, the scene outside my front window is breath-taking. Snow is falling! In fact, snow is falling fast. For many, snow is "no big deal." Bur for those of us who live in Central Arkansas, snow is an event! The threat of snow sends people to the store for supplies. It causes teachers to move test dates in preparation for dismissal. And, snow makes the most productive person feel lazy!

Today as I watch the snow fall, I think about the truth found in scripture. In Christ, we are white as snow! We are dead to sin and alive in Christ Jesus. We no longer live from a position of shame, doubt, fear, anxiety, or separation from God. We are connected to God through Christ and as a result, we have the ability to live whole, pure, free, and radiant lives in Christ. What an outstanding truth from scripture that all to often gets lost in the fabric of our daily lives.

The application point for my lesson this weekend has rocked me to my core. The application is this. Snow is white just like we are pure in Christ. But do you want to know what makes snow blinding in its radiance? The answer--- illumination by the sun. Think about it. Have you ever walked outside after a snowfall and the sun is shining. The sun's reflection on the snow is almost more than the bare eye can stand. The same truth should be evident in our lives. Each day our lives must interact with the Son. As we interact with the Son, His reflection on us and through us will be blinding to the point that others will not see us, they will see Him. "Lord, may it be!"

So, if the snow is falling at your house, allow the snow to remind you of your position in Christ. You are free. You are whole. You are pure. Then walk in that truth by asking the Son to shine on you each moment of the day. For His Glory!

Let it snow!
Andrea at TVM

No comments: