Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I am finally getting in the swing of things around my house. Is it really the middle of January? It seems like our family has been blessed with a lot of together time lately. Christmas break was a blast and we enjoyed seeing extended family. The snow break was so much fun! The boys are old enough to go out in the snow and play for several hours. Yesterday the boys were out of school for MLK day and we had fun at home. So, can I be honest with you and say that I was a tad bit excited this morning when I dropped the boys off at school? I have missed my quiet house (which really isn't that quiet anymore--- I will explain in a second!) I have missed my uninterrupted time with the Lord. I have missed singing at the top of my lungs to my precious Savior. Don't get me wrong. I will probably be the first person in the car pool line to pick up my crew, but I will admit that I have enjoyed my much needed time with the Lord. Thank you, Jesus!

So as 2011 is in full swing, I want to give you a few updates on my life as well as True Vine Ministry. Hang on to your seat---- here we go!

Updates:
1. We have a new dog! (Hence the comment about our house NOT being so quiet!) Lulu is a one and a half year old maltese. She requires a lot of attention from me and the guys but we are so glad she is a Lennon! Lulu is having to learn a lot of rules right now and she is doing pretty good. I feel like she is another full-time job but my boys LOVE her so it is worth it. I even found myself glad to see her when I came home from a meeting last night.

2. Jay and the boys are doing great. Jay is working hard on some changes to the TVM website. He is trying to get me up to speed in the area of technology. I am so thankful for my supportive husband. The boys are fun and I love to see life through their eyes.

3. TVM's speaking schedule for the spring is full! I am excited to share God's Word with so many women this year. Check out the events page for a location near you!

4. Women's Inc: I will continue to contribute a monthly column to Women's Inc. I will post the links each month on Facebook, twitter, and this blog. I have also been asked to submit four additional columns for the new Home edition of Women's Inc. I am going to write a series on the Fruit of the Spirit at work in our homes--- A Peaceful Home, A Loving Home, A Kind Home, and A Joyful Home. So excited to share God's truth in this setting!

5. I will be doing more web-conferences this year. I hope to schedule at least four. The web-conferences will be free so keep an eye on my events page for details.

6. Reflecting His Glory: Book sales are going well for RHG. I have several events this year and two state-wide events. My goal is to focus on Arkansas and get the word out about this tool for women. The first event is next week at the Statewide Evangelism Conference.

7. Free To Thrive!: The manuscript is complete! Thank you, Jesus! The editing process is about to begin. I hope to publish in the fall of 2011.

8. Social Networking: This year I am going to focus on using facebook, twitter, and this blog to encourage women in their walk with Jesus. I just have to be honest--- social networking is a challenge for me. I am a face-to-face kind of gal. However, if I can honor the Lord through this means, I will gladly do it!

9. Church Work: As many of you know, I spent a lot of my time in 2010 helping at the staff level at my home church in the area of adult education. I was honored to step in when needed but I am thankful to report that this weekend we have a Godly man and family coming in view of a call for the area of adult ministry. Lord willing, I will be totally released from church work in 2011 so that I can focus on TVM. Of course, I will still be very involved in ministry at my home church but in more lay leader roles.

10. Mission Work: Once again, I am looking forward to traveling to the other side of the world to share the love of Jesus Christ. Jay and I are working together to connect churches in the State of Arkansas with mission needs on the other side of the world. We are currently working with 9 churches. We are so grateful to the Lord for the opportunity to serve--- to the ends of the earth!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!
Andrea at TVM

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Boys are on the way home from school. Can't wait to see them and hear about their day!