Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beautiful Day!




Oh My! The weather today in Arkansas was out of this world. Really, it was amazing! In order to soak in the beauty, our family set out to conquer Pinnacle Mountain. (Small mountain on the outskirts of Little Rock, AR.) We loaded up the boys and the dog and headed out. When we arrived at Pinnacle, we were stunned by the sheer number of cars searching for a parking spot. After several minutes of driving, we decided to park in a field across the road from the entrance to Pinnacle Mountain. As a result, we had to hike in order to get to our hike! We decided to take Lulu our dog on the hike with us. This was our first outing with Lulu and my first outing as a dog owner. Here is what I discovered. Tons of people talk to you when you have a dog. All the kids wanted to pet Lulu. It was really fun!

The number of people hiking the mountain was unbelievable. I kept thinking--- this is like rush hour traffic. All the hikers had to work together in order to make the day work. We did and everyone on the mountain seemed to have fun. Lulu and I only made it 3/4 of the way up the mountain. Her little legs just could not climb all the big rocks. We sat at the #8 marker while the guys went to the top.

As I sat, I watched all the people pass by. This is by far one of my favorite things to do. People watching is just so entertaining to me. I listened in on their conversations and wondered what their life must be like. I prayed for them and even talked to some. Today as I watched the people climb up the mountain and down the mountain, I was taken by the sheer number of people in this world and the fact that so many of them do not know Jesus. It is staggering for me to think about this fact. Right here in Arkansas, in the heart of the Bible belt, there are people who do not know Jesus. People who have never opened a Bible. People who have never been around a Christian who lives out their faith every single day. People who have not even heard the name of Jesus.

During the car ride home, we turned on K-Love. Jeremy Camps song Jesus Saves was played. My boys know this is one of my current favorites. I love this song! I love the words in this song and the message the words convey. Today, we all sang along--- "Raise a shout to let all the world know that Jesus saves!"

I am ready to shout! How about you?

Andrea @ TVM

Note: Picture of my boys, Jake and Andrew, during lunch at Five Guys. This was our first Five Guys experience. Now that is a big burger!

No comments: