Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A quick hello!

Hey friends,
I hope this entry finds you doing well! Allow me to give you a quick update regarding the happenings at True Vine Ministry. On Monday, I spoke at the W.I.S.E. luncheon hosted by Conway Christian School. I had a great time speaking to the women (and three men) who attended the event. Mothers, grandmothers, teachers, and staff members made up the crowd and everyone was great! We looked at Psalm 33:20-21,"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name." This passage challenged each us to wait with a since of expectation knowing God will work in our lives, hide behind the Lord instead of trying to make things work on our own, rejoice no matter the situation we face, and trust God's ability and desire to work on our behalf. Thanks to everyone at CCS!

The rest of the week I have been busy preparing handouts for upcoming retreats, writing an article for Women's Inc., and talking with Pastor's/staff members about upcoming ministry opportunities. It has been neat to see how my phone and email have been very busy over the last few days. You know, I never want to take the opportunities that the Lord provides for granted. I also never want to think that I some how made any of them happen. This ministry is the Lord's and I thank Him for the time He allows me to live on this earth and teach His Word.

With all of these thoughts on my mind, this morning I was overcome with a sense of deep gratitude to the Lord. Even though I was a bit stressed out with all my "to do's," I had to stop and praise the Lord. Often, I allow the busyness of my day to get in the way of worshiping my Lord. Today, I did not want that to happen. As I took time to worship, I was reminded that spontaneous times of praise are the best! "Lord, may I praise you more and more as I focus less and less on myself."

Today, as you read this post, I hope the same desire is on your heart--- to focus on Him more and more and your desires less and less.

I love you!

No comments: