Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a day! Part 1

I just have to share about my day yesterday--- it was amazing! It was so amazing that I am going to deal with the day in two different posts.

Yesterday morning began with a meeting at First Baptist Church in Mayflower. My dear friend and mentor, Jimmie Sheffield, serves as interim pastor at FBC Mayflower. Jimmie and I met to go over the final revisions for Reflecting His Glory.

Reflecting His Glory is a Bible study that I have written for women. The study is 8weeks in length and covers Romans 12:2. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--- his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

I am so excited about this study. I finished the majority of the writing over the summer. Since that time, friends and family members have graciously worked through the study and provided much needed feedback. Jimmie has read through the study at least 5 times and served as my first round editor. (Thank you Jimmie!)

I cannot even begin to describe the journey this study represents in my life. I remember the day the Lord called me to write the study. I was sitting at my computer and thinking about a comment a friend had made to me following a retreat. My friend had said, "Andrea you should develop session 2 (which was the study on Romans 12:2) into a Bible study for women." As I sat at the computer a few days later, I asked the Lord what He thought about the idea. As I was seeking the Lord, I started to type. In 30 short minutes, I had an outline for the entire Bible study with names for each day's homework. I knew the Lord was up to something so I quickly fell on my knees and put my face to the ground. As I laid with my face to the ground, I surrendered to an unknown process that was bigger than myself.

Over the next two years, the workbook became my number 1 ministry call. Of course, I had retreats and conferences, but the workbook was my main focus. I worked hard every single day. There were ups and downs. I wanted to quit but the Lord said, "keep on going." During this time, I never sensed that I was in it alone. God's Word was so alive and so clear.

The day I completed the Bible study I sat and cried. I thought about the journey and the fact that God had graciously and lovingly changed me through the process. It wasn't that I did not expect Him to change me, I did. I just never imagined the lengths and the depths of the change that His Word and Spirit would bring into my life. What a sweet Savior we serve. A Savior who longs to be in every single part of our lives. A Savior who loves us and calls us to be more and more like Him every single day. Thank you Lord!

As I sat and cried at my computer following the completion of the Bible Study, I once again fell to my knees and placed my face to the ground. While on my face, I gave the study to the Lord in a whole new way. Reflecting His Glory is the Lord's study. Even as I type this sentence, I find a sense of peace and rest knowing that God is in control. I do not know when or how the study will be published, but God knows. I do not know the steps that will lead to that place, but God does. With these truths in my heart, I find my place of rest in Christ alone.

Please join me in asking and expecting God to do more than we can ask or imagine with this study. Please pray for me as well. Pray that I will daily trust the Lord to work and move in the lives of His people for His Glory alone.

No comments: