Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a day! Part 2

Yesterday for lunch, I met the most amazing woman. Her name is Stacey Smith. Stacey is the Program Coordinator for Prison to Purpose. Prison to Purpose is a Bible based program for women who serve time at McPherson Prison in Newport, Ar. What I love about Stacey and her story is the fact that she was an inmate at McPherson Prison. While serving a 60 year sentence, Stacey met Jesus and soon her life was radically transformed. God allowed Stacey to parole after serving 12 years.

As Stacey shared her story with me, I was struck by her wisdom and her willingness to go anywhere and share the Good News. Today, Stacey travels and speaks to women both inside the prison and outside the prison. Her testimony for Christ is truly powerful. I was so blessed to meet her and pray with her. Please pray for Stacey as she continues to serve the Lord. If you would like more info about Stacey and her ministry, let me know.

While Stacey and I were having lunch, she invited me to speak at the prison. I was so excited I would have gone with her yesterday! However, April 9th appears to be a better date. I cannot wait! "Thank you Lord for the amazing opportunity to teach Your Holy Word to women who are ready to hear about Your love, grace, forgiveness, and restoration."

I will keep you posted on this!

No comments: